At Spitfire Audio we make sample libraries that are used by composers and music makers around the world. Our software instruments let music-makers compose with the instruments of an orchestra using a regular musical keyboard. Since 2007 we have recorded and released products with the likes of Hans Zimmer, Abbey Road Studio, the BBC Symphony Orchestra and a host of up-and-coming artists. We even run our own record label to showcase emerging talent. By providing a range of free software instruments, we are also helping to break down the barriers to orchestral music-making and inspire a new generation of composers.
Spitfire Audio is an equal opportunity employer and values the differences that a diverse workforce brings. We are committed to ensuring that the terms and conditions of employment of employees and potential employees are equitable and non-discriminatory. This means that job applicants and employees will be treated fairly regardless of their sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, race, ethnic origin, disability, age, religion or religious beliefs.
We are looking for a UI/UX Designer to help craft a new line of products. Reporting to the Chief Product Officer, you will be working within a new team creating exciting and unique audio effects, to be used by hobbyists and professionals alike. The ideal candidate should be able to take a brief and develop to that, whilst adding new concepts and ideas to take the look and feel of audio effects to a whole new level.
- Salary £45k-£55k, depending on experience
- Based in Kings Cross, London or Edinburgh or fully remote anywhere in the UK, New York State or California
- Full-time role: Monday–Friday, 09:00 - 17:00 / Flexible
- Reporting to the Chief Product Officer
- Be a team player
- Possess an interest in music, film, popular culture or tech
- Be resourceful
- Use their own initiative over being micromanaged
- Be young-at-heart, motivated, respectful and supportive
Primary tasks and objectives
- Gathering and evaluating user requirements
- Prototyping designs using various techniques to communicate ideas
- Designing user interface and delivering assets to engineering teams
- Presenting concepts and ideas to stakeholders and internal teams
- 2+ years experience in a similar role
- Experience with wireframe tools (e.g. Figma)
- Experience with design software (e.g. Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Excellent time management
- Clear communicator
- Undergraduate, or similar, in a relevant field
- Experience of developing software
- Knowledge of studio recordings
- Knowledge of workstation software e.g. Logic, Pro Tools, Ableton, Cubase
As well as joining a wonderful team and friendly company culture you will have access to:
- 23 days annual leave, globally, plus bonus days off between Christmas and New Year.
- Private medical insurance and online GP/MD plus dental, optical and 24/7 mental health support.
- Pension scheme – investing in your long-term future.
- Life assurance and income protection policy
- Gender-blind new child leave policy – six months at full pay, three months at 60% then three months statutory.
- Free snacks, drinks and beers at HQ. We like to get together.
- Social events at amazing venues. Leave your wallet at home.
- Corporate membership to wellness and wellbeing benefit, ClassPass, and Cycle To Work scheme
- Free access to state-of-the-art music studios.
- Free Spitfire Audio product allocation for employees each year, and friends and family discount
- Dog-friendly HQ