Ultimate Orchestral Brass
Many consider British brass players to be the best in world. Spitfire Audio has spent the last half decade recording the best of the best at one of the most sought-after locations in the world: The Hall at Air Studios, London, for this, a definitive compendium of orchestral brass.
Kraken - Andy Blaney (0:00 / 3:13)
Galactic Victory - Andy Blaney (0:00 / 4:05)
Last One Standing - Homay Schmitz (0:00 / 2:05)
Cresta - Oliver Patrice Weder (0:00 / 2:34)
Sedition - Andy Blaney (0:00 / 2:57)
Phalanxious Announcement - Paul Thomson (0:00 / 0:58)
Attack At The Floating Gardens - Andy Blaney (0:00 / 2:32)
Deep Trumpact - Oliver Patrice Weder (0:00 / 1:07)
Prelude To Battle - Andy Blaney (0:00 / 2:59)
Beyond The Forbidden Zone - Andy Blaney (0:00 / 3:04)
After a decade of exhaustive sampling, and four years spent capturing our finest brass players, Spitfire are proud to present Symphonic Brass - a definitive collection of orchestral brass recorded at Air Studios, London. With a broad selection of different section sizes, from solo, to large groups of Trumpets, Horns & Trombones, to featured instruments; with usual suspects Bass Trombones & Tubas, to zeitgeist weaponry such as Cimbassi, Contrabass Trombones and a new Contrabass Tuba.
Originally released in modules as part of the BML (British Modular Library) project, Spitfire Symphonic Brass is a rationalisation of these numerous, deep sampled components, along with many improvements, including a host of new articulations and new instruments. We've created a more affordable entry into what we believe to be the finest orchestral brass library available today.
To justify these claims we cite this small list of contributing factors:
• British brass players are arguably the best in the world.
• Spitfire has cherry picked the best of the best.
• Recorded to tape at Air Studios via an unparalleled signal path.
• Deepest articulation, dynamic layer, round robin set of brass samples.
• Produced by an award winning team of composers, producers & engineers.
• Presented in an intuitive interface by experts with a decade of award-winning sampling experience and a quarter-century as working composers.
With playing styles from heart-rending choral works, to blistering lip bleed material, whether you're an aspiring John Williams or a zealous Hans Zimmer fan, we have no doubt that their favourite players will find favour with you.
From collieries through to jazz clubs, amongst the hundreds of pit bands at the Royal Albert Hall Proms, through symphonic concerts to countless chamber spaces; the British Brass tradition runs through our country and culture like spinal fluid. Spitfire has set about creating a definitive showcase of British brass talent; a doomsday time capsule of this fine tradition.
Whilst there are many great orchestras around the world, there's just something about British brass that keeps composers coming back, sometimes under the cover of darkness to record illicit "overdubbing" sessions in London. It is the rare combination of the colliery, jazz, West End and classical traditions that produce this swaggering melting pot of rarefied individuals.
Having already recorded a full brass choir for the infamous Spitfire 'bespoke' range, Paul, Christian, Stanley and the Spitfire team have set about a longer term project to capture this spirit, the spine of our musical culture, for the world to share and celebrate.
• A broad band covering solo, chamber, symphonic and cinematic instrument groups
• Traditional to modern 'zeitgeist' selection of instruments from Trumpets, Horns & Trombones to Cimbassi & Contrabass Instruments
• Super deep sampling; many dynamic layers and round robins
• Most comprehensive selection of articulations and additional techniques available today
• Entry level core pack has full functionality of BML offering
• Core pack shipped with three distinct mic positions C(lose), T(ree), A(mbient)
NEW IN SPITFIRE SYMPHONIC BRASS
• In addition to all articulations in BML, new 'Volume 2' articulations across the band.
• In addition to all instruments in BML, new members including Contrabass Tuba and solo trombones.
• New, more intuitive interface design
• New rationalised file architecture will allow for improvements and enhancements in the future
• Various performance / musical improvements