PRINCIPAL FRONT END ENGINEER
Spitfire Audio is a music technology company dedicated to making inspiring software for film composers. Our sound libraries and virtual instruments are created together with the best musicians, engineers and studios in the world. Founded in 2007, Spitfire Audio has recorded and released over 80 sample libraries including collaborations with the likes of Hans Zimmer and the BBC Symphony Orchestra. Our sounds can be heard across blockbuster Hollywood scores, hit computer games and pioneering records. We’re also breaking down the barriers of entry to orchestral music making by providing an extensive range of free libraries, as part of our mission to inspire a generation of composers.
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
We are on the lookout for a very experienced Front End Engineer to work with our current development team and product owners to help build our new website.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience as a Principal Front End Engineer working with Vue.js and preferably have previous experience building a new website from scratch.
Location: Working From Home (option to work at Head Office based in Kings Cross or Edinburgh)
Apply: Send your CV, previous salary as well as salary expectations by email to email@example.com, for the attention of Nicolas Meyer with Principal Front End Engineer in the subject line.
- An expert at building Vue.js applications
- A mentor and teacher to your own team
- Dynamic, motivated, respectful, supportive
- Excellent Knowledge of browser testing and debugging
- Great understanding of industry best practices, layout aesthetics and SEO principles
- Excellent communication and multitasking skills with an ability to perform well in a dynamic environment
- Knowledge of what it takes to make being part of a fully remote team a success
- An interest in music, film, popular culture or technology
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU:
- Determine best practices and set standards for front-end web development
- Maintain high quality standards and brand consistency
- Write clear technical specifications, documentation and guides
- Peer review code within the software development team.
- Consistently and accurately judge where to draw the line between getting work done today and supporting maintainability and scaling tomorrow
- An understanding of the needs of the business and a finely tuned sense of what is important now
- Guide engineers to correct solutions while encouraging collaboration
- An understanding of the impact of your work within the wider technology infrastructure
- Contribute meaningfully in other domains
- Embrace big challenges as opportunities for growth
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US:
- Loads of responsibility, trust, and opportunities for growth
- Challenging, interesting projects
- A friendly, diverse team, always supportive and encouraging
As well as joining an incredible company with a friendly culture you will have access to:
- Private healthcare, including a range of pre-claim benefits
- WeCare 24/7 mental health support service
- 23 days holiday a year plus UK Bank Holidays and an additional Christmas break
- Employee Benefit Membership Discounts
- National Cycle to Work scheme
- Health & fitness app Sworkit
- Company social events [COVID permitting]
- Work in our London (Kings Cross) or Edinburgh offices, or fully remotely (or somewhere in between)
Spitfire Audio is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to ensuring that the terms and conditions of employment of employees and potential employees are equitable and non-discriminatory. This means that job applicantsand employees will be treated fairly regardless of their sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, race, ethnicorigin, disability, age, religion or religious beliefs. Spitfire Audio values the differences that a diverse workforce brings.