Customer Support Representative
Working within this dynamic creative
fast growing company based in Kings Cross, Spitfire produces the finest virtual
instruments from the finest musical samples in the world. It is a beacon of
quality not just for its own productions but the endorsements it offers to the
third party sample developers and fellow sound smiths it goes into production
partnerships with. At the heart of Spitfire’s evolution is the greatest
recorded selection of orchestral samples on the planet thus far, alongside a
recent expansion in scope to cover all areas of the music spectrum.
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
You will be responsible for providing
excellent and timely customer service to our demanding clients. You will be a
music technology expert with a friendly, patient and engaging personality and
excellent written and spoken English.
In addition to helping customers one
to one, you will also write online content and produce videos relevant to the
support you are giving with the intention of helping future customers that have
the same problem.
You will also be responsible for
ensuring that any relevant comments or reported bugs are logged in the
appropriate database, and keeping customers up to date with responses and fixes
as they become available (when necessary).
Hours: 40 hours per week
Location: Kings Cross, London
Salary: Dependent on experience
Apply: CV and covering letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of Ben DeVille. Please put "Customer Support Representative" in the subject line.
Closing Date: Friday 1st December 2017
PRIMARY TASKS & OBJECTIVES
- Answer customer support enquiries via
our Zendesk support centre, social media, live chat, forums and on the
telephone in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Produce and ship bespoke hard drives
in a timely fashion.
- Become and remain an expert in the
use, installation, updating and maintenance of Spitfire Audio's range of
- Become and remain an expert in the
use and maintenance of relevant third party products, particularly DAWs and
- Maintain an awareness of what is
being released, updated and discontinued from Spitfire's range of products.
- Keep up to date with competing and
complementary products on the market.
- Maintain and enhance articles on our
customer support centre.
- Participate in the writing and
maintenance of our user manuals.
- Contribute to the testing of
- Script, produce and star in online
support videos, including “How it Works” videos for new releases.
- At times of heavy customer load,
report back to the Customer Experience Manager so that support tickets are
addressed quickly at all times.
- Gather feedback from customers and
ensure that it is passed on to the Customer Experience Manager.
- Keep track of fixes in progress and
update customers when they become available.
These skills are essential for the role
- Prior experience in a customer
service or social media management role
- Excellent English language skills
- Attentiveness and empathy
- A calm, patient and courteous
- A broad knowledge of music technology
- A broad knowledge of general computer
- As a minimum you should be an expert
in the use of at least one sequencer or DAW, and familiar with several virtual
- Effective time management
- A willingness to learn
- A methodical approach to problem
These skills are not essential but would be highly desirable
In depth knowledge of any of the following music technology products:
- Spitfire Audio virtual instruments
- Any other Kontakt virtual instruments
- Logic Audio
- Pro tools
- Digital Performer
- Ableton Live
- Prior experience with Zendesk or other customer service software
- Any experience of programming your own sampled instrument within Kontakt (or any other sample platform)
- Familiarity with Windows AND Mac OS X operating systems
- Any foreign language(s)