Group Management Accountant
At Spitfire Audio we make sounds for film composers. Our sample libraries and virtual instruments enable anyone to recreate the sound of an orchestra in stunning detail. Founded in 2007, we have recorded and released over 80 sample libraries, including collaborations with the godfather of film scoring himself – Hans Zimmer. Created with the finest musicians, engineers and studios in the world, our sounds can be heard across globally-successful movies, TV shows, computer games and albums. We are also breaking down the barriers to orchestral music making by providing a wide range of free virtual instruments, all as part of our mission to inspire a generation of composers.
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
We are looking for a qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) group management accountant to join our group finance team.
The ideal candidate will be recently qualified, have strong excel skills and knowledge of double entry, and have previous experience with preparing management accounts.
Hours: Permanent, flexible working hours
Location: London, Kings Cross (COVID-19 Dependant) / Remote / Home-working
Salary: Market Leading
Apply: CV and covering letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of Shahid Khalid. Please note ‘Group Management Accountant’ in the subject line.
PRIMARY TASKS & OBJECTIVES
- Preparation of accurate and timely monthly group management accounts with commentary on variances, and managing of the finance team to this deadline
- Verify/reconcile trial balance to detailed workbook/reconciliation in preparation for management accounts
- Preparation of group statutory financial accounts and supply subsidiary accounts details to US tax advisors
- Working with external payroll providers to ensure they have all required information, and facilitating payment of salaries and PAYE and process journal
- Accurately capturing capitalised costs & amortization and inventory
- Supplier/bank details setup approvals
- Improving processes & systems across both sales and purchasing ledgers
- Managing the royalty accounting process & queries from artists – collation of royalty rates from the Product team and maintaining/updating the artist & product database
- Facilitating the payment of taxes, performing control checks for Sales tax (UK and overseas)
- Preparation and submission of UK VAT return
- Providing data required for FX strategy decisions
- Supporting the purchases/sales team
- Review of invoice codings and bank reconciliations
- Assisting with review of systems/upgrades to systems
- Prepare ad hoc reports as requested
- Support the preparation of the Year End packs and maintain Finance Department procedures
- Maintain product codes and create new codes where necessary
- Maintain and process accruals and prepayments
These skills are essential for the role:
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualification
- Strong data manipulation skills in Excel – Knowledge of PivotTables, formulas such as VLOOKUPs and shortcuts
- Strong understanding of double entry accounting and interpretation of accounting standards
- High level of attention to detail
- Team player, willing to learn and help out with other areas of responsibility where the team requires
- Previous experience preparing management accounts, preferably also in the music industry, with experience in royalty accounting but this is not essential
These skills are not essential
- Familiarity with SUN finance system
- Experience in royalty accounting
As well as joining a wonderful team and friendly company culture you will have access to:
- Pension scheme
- Private healthcare, including a range of pre-claim benefits
- Life insurance policy
- Income protection policy
- WeCare 24/7 mental health support service
- 23 days holiday a year plus UK Bank Holidays and an additional Christmas break
- Employee Benefit Membership Discounts
- National Cycle to Work scheme
- Health & fitness app Sworkit
- Company social events [COVID permitting]
Spitfire Audio is an equal opportunity employer.
We are committed to ensuring that the terms and conditions of employment of employees and potential employees are equitable and non-discriminatory. This means that job applicants and employees will be treated fairly regardless of their sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, race, ethnic origin, disability, age, religion or religious beliefs.
Spitfire Audio values the differences that a diverse workforce brings.