Having recently made friends with some incredibly enthusiastic and progressive tech minds from around the world we decided to take the hall to carry out some recordings that depart radically from the tried and tested approaches we’ve gone for of late.
In the morning we did a violin 1sts recall. We simply can’t tell you what we got up to, but there was a guy in Bournemouth grabbing stuff steaming hot from the presses via DropBox cutting it, working it into existing scripted experimental patches, and feeding back ideas, tweaks and revisions. So much so it’s our first session to date that has gone into overtime! If we pull off yesterday’s experiment, we’ll roll out across “Chambers” & “Symphonics”, and it’s safe to say that it is going to blow people’s socks off. We may have actually done….. “it”, the “thing”…… and….. a lot lot more, we’ll keep you posted.
Our afternoon sessions were no less from a fresh page of thinking. We have agreed with the woodwinds that whilst recording wind “sections” is pretty much a waste of time, that our approach to the instruments that are WIP thus far has definitely been from a “section” POV, and in-so-much are great, beautiful sounding symphonic and chamber additions. However, we feel that the big three deserve special attention in the soloistic sense and are setting about recording a whole new set of C Fl, Ob and Bb Cl, in a totally different manner, to give us a very defined solo patches for character full lead lines and with different players with different sounds. So our afternoon was spent in the renowned company of Nick Daniel on Oboe and Mike Cox on C Flute again uploading stuff to Bournmouth as this again, was something we haven’t done before, then revising, tweaking technique and “going again”.
We’ll be sure to report our findings and post some examples here very soon. We are so excited.