Spitfire Audio End User License Agreement
CAREFULLY READ this agreement: if you download, use, install, or authorise this software you agree to be bound by these terms.
SIMPLE PLAIN ENGLISH RULES about using our sample libraries
Do I have to pay you any fees beyond the purchase price or royalties if I use these sounds in my compositions for a Film, TV show, Game or other recording?
NO - provided you use our sounds in the context of a musical composition and not as part of a library of sounds.
E.g. it's ok to score the end product. It's not ok to make a composing or player tool in the end product that uses our sounds individually as building blocks. It's not ok to provide our sounds exposed for other people to use in the construction of a recording.
Can my writing partner, colleagues or friends use these samples once I’ve licensed the library?
NO - every person that uses this library must buy a license. If you wish to buy a license for a site - such as a team of composers, or a music production house or library, you must contact us with details for a special license.
Note that these libraries are watermarked individually and can be traced.
- Definitions. Spitfire Audio Holdings Ltd is the copyright owner of any and all sound recordings and software sample libraries included in this package. "You" and "Your" means the person who purchased this license to use this product. "Documentation" means the manual or explanatory material provided by us with the product. "License" means the license purchased and granted pursuant to this Agreement.
- License Grant. Spitfire Audio Holdings Ltd grants to you and only you, subject to the following terms and conditions, a single non-exclusive, non-sublicensable, non-transferable right to use the Audio Sample Recordings on the following terms. The product and enclosed recordings are the property of Spitfire Audio Holdings Ltd and are licensed to you only for use as part of a musical performance, live or recorded. You may not use these sounds in commercial and non commercial uses except where you have combined them with other sounds within musical compositions. This license expressly forbids resale or other distribution of these Sounds or their derivatives, either as they exist in the library, reformatted for use in another sampler, or mixed, combined, filtered, resynthesized or otherwise edited, for use as sounds, multisounds, samples, multisamples, soundsets, programs or patches in a sampler, microchip, computer, software, game console or any sample playback device. You cannot sell them or give them away for use by others in their sampling or sample playback devices. Spitfire Audio Holdings Ltd reserves all rights not expressly granted to you.
- Protection of Software. You agree to take all reasonable steps to protect this product and any accompanying documentation from unauthorized copying or use. You agree not to modify the enclosed product to circumvent any method or means adopted or implemented by Spitfire Audio Holdings Ltd, Switchplane Ltd or Native Instruments GmbH to protect against or discourage the unlicensed use of copying of the enclosed product.
- Ownership. Ownership of, and title to, the enclosed digitally recorded sounds (including any copies) will be held by Spitfire Audio Holdings Ltd. Copies are provided to you only to enable you to exercise your rights under the license. Only this license is purchased by you.
- Term. This Agreement is effective from the date you download, install or use the sample library, whichever is earliest, and will remain in full force until termination. This Agreement will terminate if you break any of the terms or conditions of this Agreement.
- Restrictions. Except as expressly authorized in this Agreement, you may not rent, lease, sell, sublicense, distribute, transfer, copy, reproduce, display, modify or time share the enclosed product(s) or documentation.
DOWNLOADING, INSTALLING OR USING THE SAMPLE LIBRARY CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS.
Spitfire Audio Holdings Ltd constantly monitors digital product releases and the internet to check for copyright infringements, and will prosecute all piracy and copyright violations to the fullest extent of the law.